GARFO News Room
- NOAA: New action plans outline recovery efforts for eight ‘Species in the Spotlight’
- It’s Gray Seal Pupping Season: Watch for Seals on the Shoreline
- 2016-2018 Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside Awards Announced
- NOAA Expands Critical Habitat for Endangered North Atlantic Right Whales
- Media Availability: NOAA discusses expanded North Atlantic right whale critical habitat for the Northeast and Southeast regions
- Proposed Specifications for 2016-2018 Mackerel, Squid, Butterfish Fisheries
- Two Virginia Whale Watch Companies Join Whale SENSE Atlantic, Leading the Industry in a Responsible Direction
[2015 Archives] [2014 Archives][2014 Archives] [2013 Archives] [2012 Archives] [2012 - 2004 Archives]
- Atlantic Salmon in the Spotlight: 5-Year Plan - Feb 10: NOAA Fisheries releases five-year action plans for eight "Species in the Spotlight" including Atlantic salmon.
- $2.5 Million Available for Bycatch Solutions - Feb 9: NOAA Fisheries is accepting applications through April 15 for the Bycatch Reduction Engineering Program.
- It's Gray Seal Pupping Season - From December through February, gray seals give birth on islands and shoreline areas in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.
- NOAA Announces $9 Million for Habitat Restoration - Funding will focus on projects that improve protected species recovery and support sustainable fisheries.
- NOAA Expands Critical Habitat for Right Whales - Jan 26: Using new information not previously available, NOAA Fisheries is expanding critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic right whales.
- Atlantic Salmon: A Species in Need of a Spotlight - Atlantic salmon are an iconic New England species. In addition to the ecosystem role these fish play, they have been an important indicator of economic health in our region.
- Two Virginia Whale Watches Join Whale SENSE - Jan 12: Two Virginia Beach ocean tour operators joined the voluntary responsible whale watching program, Whale SENSE. (Photo courtesy of Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center)
- Saving Seagrass: Protecting Essential Habitat - Jan 11: All aquatic habitat is important. All types of aquatic habitat have value. So when there are competing interests, how do you decide what to protect? (Photo credit: NOAA/DOC)
- Rescued Sea Turtles Fly South - Jan 8: Yesterday morning, a Coast Guard Auxiliary pilots flew 24 endangered Kemp's ridley sea turtles to Orlando, Florida, where they will undergo further treatment and rehabilitation at Sea World Orlando.
[2015 Archives] [2014 Archives] [2013 Archives] [2012 Archives]
Greater Atlantic Regional Office
Northeast Fisheries Science Center