GARFO News Room
- Press Release: NOAA Fisheries Team to Continue Research on Beluga Whales off Rhode Island
- Notice to Mariners: Cable Survey off NY and RI
- River Herring Conservation Plan Released
- Proposed Rule: Recreational Measures for Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass
- NOAA kicks off updating the recreational fishing effort survey
- 2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside Awards Announced
- Northeast Groundfish Recreational Rules for 2015: Request for Comments
- Northeast Multispecies Groundfish Framework 53; Comments Requested on Parts of Rule
- 2015 and 2016 Sector Operations Plans; 2015 Contracts and Allocation of Northeast Multispecies Annual Catch Entitlements
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Proposed 2015 Catch Limits for the Atlantic Bluefish Fishery
- Northeast Multispecies (Groundfish) Fishing Year 2015 Regulations Approved
- Press Release: Successful conservation efforts recognized in revised ESA Humpback Whale listing
- Press Release: U.S. Fisheries Continue to Rebuild
- 2014 Status of the Stocks Report Now Available
- National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy Implementation Plan
- Press Release: Slow Down for Right Whales
- Proposed Rule: NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on 2015-2017 Small-Mesh Multispecies Specifications
- First Right Whale Mother/Calf Pair of Northeast Season Sighted Near Martha’s Vineyard
- Good Stewardship: Using Your UAS Responsibly in Marine Environments to Protect Marine Species
- Porbeagle Sharks: NMFS Accepts Two Petitions to List Under the ESA
- 2015 Recreational Black Sea Bass Framework Adjustment 8
- Successful Conservation Efforts Along Florida, Pacific Coasts Recognized in Revised ESA Listing of the Green Sea Turtle
- Final Rule to Implement 2015-2017 Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Specifications
- Final Rule: 2015 Annual Determination To Implement the Sea Turtle Observer Requirement
- Proposed Rule to Amend the Atlantic Large Whale Take Reduction Plan
- Presidential Task Force on combating IUU fishing and seafood fraud releases final recommendations
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comment on Proposed Rule: Framework Adjustment 26 to the Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Proposed Rule to Approve 17 Northeast Multispecies Sector Operations Plans
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Proposed Rule: Framework Adjustment 53 to the Northeast Multispecies FMP
- Application for Fishing Year 2014 Sector Exemption Approved
- Correction: Small Mesh Area 1 and 2 Exempted from GOM Cod Seasonal Interim Closure Areas
- Comments Sought on Proposed Critical Habitat for Endangered North Atlantic Right Whale
- Comments Sought on Groundfish Sector Exemption Request for Gulf of Maine Cod Interim Management Measures
- NOAA Announces Atlantic Sea Scallop Management Measures for Fishing Year 2015
- GARFO/NEFSC Electronic Technology Implementation Plan
- NOAA proposes to expand critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic Right Whales
- New national policy recognizes the value of--and gives a voice to--America's saltwater recreational anglers
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Atlantic Herring Final 2015 Specifications
- NOAA Fisheries, MA Division of Marine Fisheries and Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to host meeting on American Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Comments Sought on Proposed National Standard Guidelines
- Research Projects Selected to Help Us Learn More about River Herring
- NOAA Fisheries Approves Framework 52 to the Groundfish Plan
- Effective May 1, New American Lobster Management Measures for Areas 2,3,4 and 5
- U.S. Department of Commerce appoints Pappalardo to New England Fishery Management Council
- Visiting Beluga Whales Venture into New York - For your safety and the protection of marine wildlife, we'd like to remind everyone to keep a safe distance of at least 150 feet from the whales.
- Species in the Spotlight: Atlantic Salmon - Atlantic salmon in the Gulf of Maine are at risk of extinction. NOAA Fisheries is marshaling the resources necessary to take the urgent action required to prevent this fate.
- VTR: Who's Answering the Phone? - If you're calling us about a vessel trip report, you may be speaking with Bethany Brosnan.
- River Herring Conservation Plan Released - NOAA Fisheries and the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (Commission) announce the release of the River Herring Conservation Plan. Public comments are requested
- 2015 Groundfish Commercial and Recreational Rules - New commercial and recreational groundfish measures are now in effect. The 2015 groundfish bulletin with all the information is now available.
- Look Out for Right Whales in Cape Cod Bay! - In the last two weeks, researchers have spotted more than 75 right whales, including four mother-calf pairs, in Cape Cod Bay through aerial surveys.
- Penobscot River: Un-Build It and They Will Come - On a rare mild day in early April, engineer Don Dow and fisheries biologist Dave Bean from NOAA Fisheries Protected Resource Division in Orono, Maine, inspected the construction of an estimated $3.2 million nature-like bypass ...
- Conserving the Choptank River - Rivers are lifelines. For thousands of years, we have relied on rivers for drinking water, irrigation, transportation, and food.
- Humpback Whales Making a Comeback - Based on a thorough scientific status review, NOAA Fisheries proposes to revise the Endangered Species Act (ESA) listing for the humpback whale
- Celebrating Herring at Plymouth MA - Nearly 400 years ago, the Mayflower touched down near Plymouth Rock, tucked deep into western shore of Cape Cod Bay
- A Different Approach to Erosion Protection - Protecting estuarine shorelines from erosion due to wind and wave energy has traditionally been accomplished through the use of hardened structures such as vertical sheet bulkheads, stone revetments, groins and sills.
- Maine Fishermen’s Forum - Congratulations to the Maine Fishermen’s Forum on Forty Successful Years
- Proposed rule to list 11 DPSs of Green Sea Turtles - NOAA Fisheries and US. Fish and Wildlife Service propose to reclassify the status of green sea turtles under the Endangered Species Act
- Listening for Cod in the Gulf of Maine - Scientists and fishermen are working together to locate spawning aggregations of Atlantic cod. Listen to the podcast.
- 49 New GIS Shapefiles Available - The new files depict 139 regulated areas defined under the Northeast Multispecies (groundfish), Monkfish, and Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Plans.
- Critical Habitat for North Atlantic Right Whales - NOAA proposes to expand critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic Right Whales
- Former Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge - Former Northeast Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Lacey Act Charge
- Greater Atlantic Strategic Plan - NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office announces strategic plan for FY 2015 - 2019
[2014 Archives] [2013 Archives] [2012 Archives]
Greater Atlantic Regional Office
Northeast Fisheries Science Center