How Do I?
New Story Map: 2015 Scallop Regs Overview
Last week, NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Office posted our first Story Map, a new communication tool for complicated map-based information. Read More . . .
Protecting Deep-Sea Corals: A Success Story
Like their shallow-water counterparts, deep-sea corals are very fragile and can be easily damaged or destroyed. In collaboration with fishermen, and using their fine-scale habitat knowledge, deep-sea corals received much-needed protection Read More . . .
NOAA's First Climate Science Strategy Announced
Aug 25: NOAA Fisheries announces it's first-ever Climate Science Strategy, which identifies seven key steps needed to increase the production, delivery, and use of climate-related information. Read More . . .
$4.5M in Species Recovery Grants Announced
Sept 2. NOAA Fisheries announces grants funded under the 2015 Species Recovery Program totaling $4.5 million. (Photo credit: University of Georgia; NMFS permit #1420) Read More . . .
2016 SK Grant Program Funding Available
Sept 3. NOAA Fisheries Announces the Call for Proposals for FY2016 Saltonstall-Kennedy Program Funding Read More . . .
- NOAA announces up to $10 million available to support fisheries projects under Saltonstall-Kennedy Grants program
- NOAA Announces 2016 SK Grant Program Funding
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2016/2017 Atlantic Scallop Research Set-Aside Funding Opportunity - Proposals Due October 31, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Proposed Catch Monitoring Improvements for Limited Access Herring Vessels
- NOAA Fisheries Eliminates "Did Not Fish" Reports and Simplifies Vessel Baselines
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Additional Northern Red Hake Possession Limit Reductions Effective August 24, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Adjusts Fishing Year 2015 Catch Limits for NE Groundfish Sectors
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Red Hake Possession Limit Reduction
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Atlantic Mackerel Fishery Consequences for Slippage Events
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Modification of Lobster Area 4 Seasonal Closure
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2015 Annual Catch Limits for Bluefish
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Revision of Maine State Waters Scallop Exemption Program
- NOAA Fisheries Completes First Economic Survey of Marine Recreational Bait and Tackle Industry
- Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside Proposals Due September 21
- July 22: Meetings for Fishermen on Groundfish Operational Assessments
- Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Information Collection Program
- NEFMC and NOAA Fisheries Seek Comments on Groundfish Amendment 18
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology Final Rule
- NOAA announces more than $25 million in grants to improve fishing opportunities, observations, resiliency and sustainability
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Area Closures for Common Pool Northeast Groundfish
- U.S. Commerce Department Announces 2015 Regional Fishery Council Appointments
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2015 Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass Recreational Regs
- Gulf of Maine Cod Limit Adjustment for Common Pool Vessels
- Special Management Zones for Delaware Artificial Reefs
- NOAA Fisheries Announces New American Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Greenlandic Fishery Continues to Catch Imperiled Atlantic Salmon
- NOAA Fisheries Emergency Action for Blueline Tilefish in Greater Atlantic Region Effective June 4
- NOAA Fisheries Issues Advance Notice of Proposed Rule for Jonah Crab Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Amendment to Simplify Vessel Baselines
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch