How Do I?
Rescued Sea Turtles Fly South
Jan 8: Yesterday morning, a Coast Guard Auxiliary pilots flew 24 endangered Kemp's ridley sea turtles to Orlando, Florida, where they will undergo further treatment and rehabilitation at Sea World Orlando. Read More . . .
Saving Seagrass: Protecting Essential Habitat
Jan 11: All aquatic habitat is important. All types of aquatic habitat have value. So when there are competing interests, how do you decide what to protect? (Photo credit: NOAA/DOC) Read More . . .
Two Virginia Whale Watches Join Whale SENSE
Jan 12: Two Virginia Beach ocean tour operators joined the voluntary responsible whale watching program, Whale SENSE. (Photo courtesy of Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center) Read More . . .
Atlantic Salmon: A Species in Need of a Spotlight
Atlantic salmon are an iconic New England species. In addition to the ecosystem role these fish play, they have been an important indicator of economic health in our region. Read More . . .
NOAA Expands Critical Habitat for Right Whales
Jan 26: Using new information not previously available, NOAA Fisheries is expanding critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic right whales. Read More . . .
- 2016-2018 Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside Awards Announced
- NOAA Expands Critical Habitat for Endangered North Atlantic Right Whales
- Media Availability: NOAA discusses expanded North Atlantic right whale critical habitat for the Northeast and Southeast regions
- Proposed Specifications for 2016-2018 Mackerel, Squid, Butterfish Fisheries
- Two Virginia Whale Watch Companies Join Whale SENSE Atlantic, Leading the Industry in a Responsible Direction
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass 2016-2018 Commercial Quotas and Recreational Harvest Limits
- Control Date of December 14, 2015 for Blueline Tilefish Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Federal Funding for Habitat Restoration Partnerships in the Great Lakes
- Update: Federal Funding for At-Sea Monitoring Likely to Extend into 2016
- NOAA Announces $4 Million in Funding to Build Coastal Resilience
- Extension of Blueline Tilefish Emergency Action thru June 3, 2016
- New award recognizes outstanding efforts to increase awareness and safeguard U.S. natural resources from climate change
- Bass Fishing in the EEZ Restrictions Support Sustainability of Species
- Update: Federal funding for at-sea monitoring ends December 31, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Change to Lobster Area 4 Closure for 2016
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Proposed Regs for Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass
- New law empowers U.S. to combat illegal fishing and seafood fraud
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch