How Do I?
July Advisory: Watch Out for Whales
Stay safe, stay alert, and keep your distance Read More . . .
Sea Turtle Rescuers Honored at Fenway
Sea Turtle Rescuers from New England Aquarium were honored at Fenway Park on July 3 for treating a record number (733!) hypothermic sea turtles Read More . . .
Who is protecting the endangered Atlantic salmon?
Rory Saunders is a Fishery Biologist who works for NOAA Fisheries’ Northeast Salmon Team (NEST). Read More . . .
Endangered Green Sea Turtle Found in Kiddie Pool
Earlier this month, a young green sea turtle was found by local police in a residential back yard. Read More . . .
Protecting Habitat in a Changing Climate
Certain habitats are essential for the survival of many marine species. For example, cod and lobster thrive in cold water, and seagrass beds provide important shelter (photo credit: Tim Watts) Read More . . .
- NOAA Fisheries Completes First Economic Survey of Marine Recreational Bait and Tackle Industry
- Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside Proposals Due September 21
- July 22: Meetings for Fishermen on Groundfish Operational Assessments
- Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Information Collection Program
- NEFMC and NOAA Fisheries Seek Comments on Groundfish Amendment 18
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology Final Rule
- NOAA announces more than $25 million in grants to improve fishing opportunities, observations, resiliency and sustainability
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Area Closures for Common Pool Northeast Groundfish
- U.S. Commerce Department Announces 2015 Regional Fishery Council Appointments
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2015 Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass Recreational Regs
- Gulf of Maine Cod Limit Adjustment for Common Pool Vessels
- Special Management Zones for Delaware Artificial Reefs
- NOAA Fisheries Announces New American Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Greenlandic Fishery Continues to Catch Imperiled Atlantic Salmon
- NOAA Fisheries Emergency Action for Blueline Tilefish in Greater Atlantic Region Effective June 4
- NOAA Fisheries Issues Advance Notice of Proposed Rule for Jonah Crab Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Amendment to Simplify Vessel Baselines
- Whale Watches with Whale SENSE
- Press Release: NOAA Fisheries Team to Continue Research on Beluga Whales off Rhode Island
- Notice to Mariners: Cable Survey off NY and RI
- River Herring Conservation Plan Released
- Proposed Rule: Recreational Measures for Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass
- NOAA kicks off updating the recreational fishing effort survey
- 2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside Awards Announced
- Northeast Groundfish Recreational Rules for 2015: Request for Comments
- Northeast Multispecies Groundfish Framework 53; Comments Requested on Parts of Rule
- 2015 and 2016 Sector Operations Plans; 2015 Contracts and Allocation of Northeast Multispecies Annual Catch Entitlements
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch