Get Email Updates

Online Permit Application System Now Available

April 24, 2019

We now offer commercial and recreational vessel owners, operators, and dealers in our region the option to complete and submit a suite of permit forms and applications online.

Please note that renewal applications are not available online at this time. For renewals, please call or email the Permits Office.

Permit forms:

  • Initial Dealer Permit
  • Initial Vessel Permit
  • Vessel Operator Permit
  • Letter of Authorization
  • Gillnet tag and annual certification forms

Research Permits: 

  • Letter of Acknowledgement (LOA)
  • Temporary Possession Letter of Authorization
  • Exempted Fishing Permit (EFP)
  • Exempted Educational Activity Authorization (EEAA)
  • Scallop Research Set-Aside Letter of Authorization (RSA LOA)
  • Scientific Research permit (SRP)

Go to Fish Online, our web-based system for vessel permit holders, to submit these forms electronically. Submissions via mail, email, and fax remain options as well.

To access these online applications, create or sign-in to your Fish Online account and click on "Application Forms" in the left margin.


For assistance with Fish Online, call our Help Desk at 978-281-9188.

For assistance with permits, call our Permits Office at 978-282-8438 or send us an email.