Instructions for Submitting Public Comments
To submit a public comment to a rule that NOAA Fisheries has published in the Federal Register, which has an open public comment period, you have two options:
- Submit comments electronically:
- Go to Regulations.gov.
- Search for the identifying number in the Federal Register notice (in a format such as NOAA-NMFS-YEAR-####) or for a key word.
- Once you find the rule you would like to comment on click the Comment Now! icon on the right.
- Fill out the web form or upload your letter and submit.
- Submit comments by mail by addressing your letter to the address found in the Federal Register notice. Remember to note attention to a person or subject as specified in the Federal Register notice.
We also solicit comments for proposed Exempted Fishing Permits (EFPs). To submit a public comment on an EFP, please email us at NMFS.GAR.EFP@noaa.gov and include the title of the research project in the subject line of the email.
You can find Federal Register notices for the Greater Atlantic Region below or for specific species on the relevant Managed Species page on our website under the Announcements tab. You can also find Federal Register notices at FederalRegister.gov, the U.S. Government Printing Office, or at Regulations.gov.
2017 Federal Register Actions
- Temporary Rule; Northeast Skate Complex; Adjustment to the Skate Wing and Skate Bait Inseason Possession Limits
- Proposed Rule; Request for Comments; Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery; Framework Adjustment 28
- Fisheries of the Northeastern United States; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Georges Bank Cod Trimester Total Allowable Catch Area Closure and Possession Prohibition for the Common Pool Fishery
- Notice; Northeast Skate Complex Fishery; Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Process; Request for Comments
- Temporary Rule; Summer Flounder Fishery; NC to VA Quota Transfer
- Final Rule: Atlantic Deep-Sea Red Crab Fishery; 2017-2019 Atlantic Deep-Sea Red Crab Specifications
- Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Process; Request for Comments
- Notification of U.S. Fishing Opportunities; International Affairs: U.S. Fishing Opportunities in Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization Regulatory Area
- Announcement of revised scoping hearing schedule; Northeast Skate Complex Fishery; Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Process; Request for Comments
- Notice Of Availability Of A Fishery Management Plan Amendment; Request For Comments; Fisheries of the Northeastern United States; Mid-Atlantic Unmanaged Forage Fish Omnibus Amendment
- Notice; Request For Comments; Application for Exempted Fishing Permit; NEFSC Study Fleet EFP
- Temporary Rule; Inseason Adjustment; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Trip Limit Increase for the Small Vessel Category of the Common Pool Fishery
- Final Rule; Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery; Framework Adjustment 28
- Temporary Rule; Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery; 2017 Closure of Northern Gulf of Maine Scallop Management Area
- Notice; Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, and Butterfish Fisheries; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Process; Notification of Scoping Meetings; Request for Comments
- Notice Of Application For Permit; Request For Comments; Foreign Fishing Authorization For Four Canadian Transport Vessels To Receive Transfers Of Atlantic Herring From United States Fishing Vessels
- Temporary Rule; Inseason Adjustment; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Trip Limit Increase for Common Pool Fishery
- Notice; Request for Comments; Exempted Fishing Permits; Applications: Magnuson-Stevens Act Provisions; General Provisions for Domestic Fisheries; Rod and Reel Fishing in WGOM Closed Area EFP
- Temporary Rule; Adjustment of Annual Catch Limits; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Adjustment of Georges Bank and Southern New England/Mid-Atlantic Yellowtail Flounder Annual Catch Limits
- Temporary Rule; Quota Transfer Adjustment; Atlantic Bluefish Fishery; 2017 Sector Quota Transfer Adjustment
- Temporary Rule; Inseason Adjustments; Northeast Skate Complex; Adjustment to the Skate Wing and Skate Bait Inseason Possession Limits
- Temporary Rule; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Possession and Trip Limit Implementation for the Common Pool Fishery
- Correction; Northeast Groundfish Fishery; Amendment 18
- Interim Final Rule; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; 2017 and 2018 Sector Operations Plans and 2017 Allocation of Northeast Multispecies Annual Catch Entitlements
- Proposed rule; request for comments; Mid-Atlantic Forage Species Omnibus Amendment
- Final Rule; Northeast Groundfish Fishery; Amendment 18
- Proposed rule; request for comments; Recreational Management Measures for the Summer Flounder and Scup Fisheries; Fishing Year 2017
- Notice; Request for Comments; Application for Exempted Fishing Permits; TNC EM EFP Renewal
- Proposed Rule; Request for Comments; Black Sea Bass Fishery; 2017 and Projected 2018 Specifications
Click Below for Past Federal Register Actions & Public Comments:
"This information is provided by the NMFS Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office for the use and convenience of interested persons. The information available on this site may change over time. Official sources of information, such as the Federal Register, control in the event of any discrepancy appearing on NMFS Home Pages."