How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
- Get more information
GARFO'S TOP 10
These stories were the most viewed on our Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office website this year. If you missed them now is your chance to catch up! Happy Holidays from all of us at NOAA Fisheries Read More . . .
2014: A Banner Year for Whale SENSE
As the New Year draws near, we often reflect on our past year accomplishments. In this story, we look back at the 2014 whale watch season, sharing some of the high points. Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Strategic Plan
NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office announces strategic plan for FY 2015 - 2019 Read More . . .
Former Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge
Former Northeast Dealer Pleads Guilty to Felony Lacey Act Charge Read More . . .
Critical Habitat for North Atlantic Right Whales
NOAA proposes to expand critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic Right Whales Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Correction: Small Mesh Area 1 and 2 Exempted from GOM Cod Seasonal Interim Closure Areas
- Comments Sought on Proposed Critical Habitat for Endangered North Atlantic Right Whale
- Comments Sought on Groundfish Sector Exemption Request for Gulf of Maine Cod Interim Management Measures
- NOAA Announces Atlantic Sea Scallop Management Measures for Fishing Year 2015
- GARFO/NEFSC Electronic Technology Implementation Plan
- NOAA proposes to expand critical habitat for endangered North Atlantic Right Whales
- New national policy recognizes the value of--and gives a voice to--America's saltwater recreational anglers
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Atlantic Herring Final 2015 Specifications
- NOAA Fisheries, MA Division of Marine Fisheries and Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to host meeting on American Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Comments Sought on Proposed National Standard Guidelines
- Research Projects Selected to Help Us Learn More about River Herring
- NOAA Fisheries Approves Framework 52 to the Groundfish Plan
- Effective May 1, New American Lobster Management Measures for Areas 2,3,4 and 5
- U.S. Department of Commerce appoints Pappalardo to New England Fishery Management Council
- 2015 Quota Adjustment for Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass Fisheries
- Changes to Black Seabass Recreational Fishery Season Proposed
- New Vessel Trip Reporting Requirements
- Corrections to Gulf of Maine Cod Emergency Action Rule
- Changes to Whale Management Plan in 2015
- Whelk/Conch and Atlantic Sea Scallop Fisheries - Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Closure Lifted; Effective Date: January 1, 2015
- River Herring Catch Caps Announced for 2014 and 2015
- Groundfish Permit Holders in NJ, VA and NC to Receive Direct Aid Payment
- Final management measures for Bluefin Tuna (AM 7)
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch