How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
- Get more information
On October 22 the Boston Globe included a six-page insert sponsored by NOAA and our partners to view it and learn more about our effort to support seafood industry Read More . . .
Celebrating Milestone in Fish Passage
RA John Bullard joins with Connecticut DEEP and other partners for event at Tingue Dam --longest nature-like bypass on the East Coast for American shad. NOAA, USFWS, DEEP support helps project to successful completion Read More . . .
Quick Response for GOM Cod and Haddock
NOAA Fisheries today announced two management actions to address deteriorating stock condition of Gulf of Maine cod and provide fishing opportunity on abundant haddock stock Read More . . .
Win-Win for Whales and Lobstermen
We have proposed new management measures in Massachusetts waters that will help protect whales but with less economic impact on lobster fishery than current measures Read More . . .
High number of sea turtles strand as water cools
Unprecedented numbers of sea turtles stranded on beaches from Massachusetts to Virginia. NOAA Fisheries staff help coordinate air transports to facilities in the south. Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Join us for Tweet Chat on Cold-Stunned Sea Turtles
- NOAA Fisheries Announces National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy
- Proposed rule; request for comments: Framework Adjustment 52 to the Northeast Multispecies Fishery Management Plan proposes two modifications to the windowpane flounder accountability measures.
- Proposed Squid, Mackerel and Butterfish Specifications for 2015-2017
- Media Availability: Proposed Management Measures for Cod and Haddock 2014
- NOAA Joins Celebration at Tingue Dam in Connecticut
- Media Availability October 29 at 1PM on Fisheries of the U.S. Report
- Reminder of Federal Monkfish Permit Holder Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Funding Availability through Saltonstall Kennedy Grant Program
- Missed Tweet Chat on First Federally Permitted Mussel Farm in U.S. East Coast Waters? Not a problem click here to see what you missed
- Join us for Chat on Twitter with NOAA Scientist David Alves
- Federal Funds Available to Support River Herring Research and Conservation Efforts
- Restoration plan available for resources impacted due to 2003 oil spill in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- 2015 Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Specifications
- Effective 0001 hours on September 23, 2014 Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Area 3 Directed Fishery Closure -- Herring catch limited to 2,000 lb per trip or day
- Effective September 22, 2014 Federally moratorium permitted vessels may no longer land summer flounder in Massachusetts
- Reminder about Atlantic Sea Scallop Compensation Trip Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries to Host EFP Workshop
- NOAA seeks comment on proposed tilefish specifications for 2015-2017
- NOAA’s Fisheries Service Announces $4.7 million in Funding to States and Tribes to Support Threatened and Endangered Species Recovery
- Northeast Skate Fishery Framework 2 Management Measures
- NE Multispecies Common Pool Vessels - Closure of the Southern NE/MA Yellowtail Flounder and Closure of the Eastern U.S./Canada Area
- NOAA Stranding Network Member and our Office of Law Enforcement work together on whale rescue
- Proposal to Develop Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Fishery Information Collection Program
- Deadline Extended for 2015 Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council RSA Proposals
- Spiny Dogfish Specifications For 2014-2015
- Data Modernization Listening Session on August 11
- NOAA seeks comment on potential control date for summer flounder fishery
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch