How Do I?
A Hard Day's Night: Commercial Fishing
At 4 a.m. on August 26, John Bullard, NOAA Fisheries Regional Administrator for the Greater Atlantic, hung a “Gone Fishing” sign on his door and headed off with Maine Captain Terry Alexander on the F/V Jocka for a 48-hour fishing trip. Read More . . .
Third Bin of Groundfish Disaster Aid Released
Oct 1: Disaster aid for Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut groundfish fishermen has been awarded based on submitted workplans from each state. Read More . . .
Meet Our Coastal and Ocean Stewards
GARFO is responsible for stewardship of living marine resources from Maine to North Carolina. Meet some of our staff who make it all possible. Read More . . .
Send in Your Input for Recreational Fishing Plan
Oct 2: NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Region seeks your input and suggestions on saltwater recreational fishing issues to include in a new Regional Recreational Fisheries Plan. Read More . . .
Fishways: Crucial Connections from River to Sea
Have you ever seen a fish ladder or a fish lift? Do you know how one works? For many people the answer to both is “no.” If you live along the coast or on a river, there may be a fish ladder or lift near you. Read More . . .
- NOAA Fisheries Allows State Waters Scallop Exemption Program for Maine
- NOAA Fisheries to Keep Recreational Gulf of Maine Haddock Regs in Place
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2016 Fishing Quotas for Atlantic Surfclams and Ocean Quahogs
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Increase in Scup Quota for Winter II (Nov 1)
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Nearly $1 Million in Funding to Restore Habitat in Great Lakes
- 2016 Monkfish Research Set-Aside Proposals Due November 16
- Massachusetts 2015 Commercial Summer Flounder and Bluefish Quotas Reached No Landings Allowed through December 31, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Increase in Common Pool Gulf of Maine Cod Possession and Trip Limits
- NOAA Awards $2.75 Million for Marine Mammal Rescue Efforts
- NOAA announces up to $10 million available to support fisheries projects under Saltonstall-Kennedy Grants program
- NOAA Announces 2016 SK Grant Program Funding
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2016/2017 Atlantic Scallop Research Set-Aside Funding Opportunity - Proposals Due October 31, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Proposed Catch Monitoring Improvements for Limited Access Herring Vessels
- NOAA Fisheries Eliminates "Did Not Fish" Reports and Simplifies Vessel Baselines
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Additional Northern Red Hake Possession Limit Reductions Effective August 24, 2015
- NOAA Fisheries Adjusts Fishing Year 2015 Catch Limits for NE Groundfish Sectors
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Red Hake Possession Limit Reduction
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Atlantic Mackerel Fishery Consequences for Slippage Events
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Modification of Lobster Area 4 Seasonal Closure
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2015 Annual Catch Limits for Bluefish
- NOAA Fisheries Seeks Comments on Revision of Maine State Waters Scallop Exemption Program
- NOAA Fisheries Completes First Economic Survey of Marine Recreational Bait and Tackle Industry
- Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside Proposals Due September 21
- July 22: Meetings for Fishermen on Groundfish Operational Assessments
- Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Information Collection Program
- NEFMC and NOAA Fisheries Seek Comments on Groundfish Amendment 18
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch