How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
Where the Road Meets the Water
Working with Federal Highway Administration to build roads that reduce impacts on fish habitats Read More . . .
Narragansett Bay Estuary: Diverse Habitats
A little state with a lot of coastline and 147 miles of fish and shellfish habitat Read More . . .
Mussel aquaculture in the open ocean
The first shellfish aquaculture project permitted in federal waters off the U.S. east coast is expected to begin operating next spring. Learn more about NOAA's role Read More . . .
Restoring Largest Freshwater System on Earth
Roughly 50% of Great Lakes' wetlands have been lost. NOAA announces $16.7 million to help restore this important natural resource. (photo Blausey wetland near Lake Erie) Read More . . .
Saltonstall-Kennedy Grants Now Available
NOAA Announces Funding through Saltonstall-Kennedy grant program for 2014-2015 Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Reminder of Federal Monkfish Permit Holder Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Funding Availability through Saltonstall Kennedy Grant Program
- Missed Tweet Chat on First Federally Permitted Mussel Farm in U.S. East Coast Waters? Not a problem click here to see what you missed
- Join us for Chat on Twitter with NOAA Scientist David Alves
- Federal Funds Available to Support River Herring Research and Conservation Efforts
- Restoration plan available for resources impacted due to 2003 oil spill in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- 2015 Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Specifications
- Effective 0001 hours on September 23, 2014 Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Area 3 Directed Fishery Closure -- Herring catch limited to 2,000 lb per trip or day
- Effective September 22, 2014 Federally moratorium permitted vessels may no longer land summer flounder in Massachusetts
- Reminder about Atlantic Sea Scallop Compensation Trip Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries to Host EFP Workshop
- NOAA seeks comment on proposed tilefish specifications for 2015-2017
- NOAA’s Fisheries Service Announces $4.7 million in Funding to States and Tribes to Support Threatened and Endangered Species Recovery
- Northeast Skate Fishery Framework 2 Management Measures
- NE Multispecies Common Pool Vessels - Closure of the Southern NE/MA Yellowtail Flounder and Closure of the Eastern U.S./Canada Area
- NOAA Stranding Network Member and our Office of Law Enforcement work together on whale rescue
- Proposal to Develop Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Fishery Information Collection Program
- Deadline Extended for 2015 Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council RSA Proposals
- Spiny Dogfish Specifications For 2014-2015
- Data Modernization Listening Session on August 11
- NOAA seeks comment on potential control date for summer flounder fishery
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch