How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
State of Atlantic Salmon Restoration
First in a five part series on Atlantic salmon recovery. Photo credit: Gilbertvan Ryckevorsel Read More . . .
An ancient mariner's sea monster
A gentle giant that just happens to be shark. On August 14 talk to shark expert about this shark and more on Twitter #sharkchat 6-7pm Read More . . .
Fishing Mortality Paper Topic at AFS Meeting
New NOAA Tech Memo features 17 Northeast cooperative research projects on fish survival; topic at American Fisheries Society Meeting Read More . . .
Grants awarded for groundfish disaster
We have awarded grants to 5 states to provide direct financial assistance to eligible fishermen Read More . . .
Helping marine animals in distress
What you should do if you suspect a whale, dolphin or sea turtle needs help Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Whales & More ...
- Quota Monitoring
- Northeast Skate Fishery Framework 2 Management Measures
- NE Multispecies Common Pool Vessels - Closure of the Southern NE/MA Yellowtail Flounder and Closure of the Eastern U.S./Canada Area
- NOAA Stranding Network Member and our Office of Law Enforcement work together on whale rescue
- Proposal to Develop Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Fishery Information Collection Program
- Deadline Extended for 2015 Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council RSA Proposals
- Spiny Dogfish Specifications For 2014-2015
- Data Modernization Listening Session on August 11
- NOAA seeks comment on potential control date for summer flounder fishery
- NRD Grant Opportunity
- NOAA announces changes to Groundfish catch carryover
- Join Us for a Tweet Chat to Learn What You Should Do If You See a Sea Turtle in Trouble
- Northeast Federal Fishery Dependent Data Visioning Project Industry Workshop - June 30th and July 1st
- Responsible whale watch program continues to expand along U.S. east coast
- National Fishing and Boating week and a National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch