How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
- Get more information
Teaching Teachers about SCUTES
Marine educators get an up close look at two remarkable sturgeon species. Researchers tag sturgeon. Read More . . .
One Big Clam!
Research suggests that clams may be among the oldest living creatures on the planet! Check out story on two fishermen's big catch! Read More . . .
Tweet Chat Highlights: Record Cold Stun Season
Missed our Tweet Chat with Sea Turtle Experts from NOAA Fisheries and Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation? No Problem! We've captured the highlights here for you! Read More . . .
Benefits to Whales and Fishermen
Expanded closed area to protect whales and shift in closure start date so lobstermen can fish during lucrative holiday season Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Draft Strategic Plan
NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office is looking for public comments on its draft strategic plan Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- Changes to Whale Management Plan in 2015
- Whelk/Conch and Atlantic Sea Scallop Fisheries - Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Closure Lifted; Effective Date: January 1, 2015
- River Herring Catch Caps Announced for 2014 and 2015
- Groundfish Permit Holders in NJ, VA and NC to Receive Direct Aid Payment
- Final management measures for Bluefin Tuna (AM 7)
- NOAA Fisheries Announces New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Closure - Effective Date: 0001 hours on November 29, 2014
- Join us for Tweet Chat on Cold-Stunned Sea Turtles
- NOAA Fisheries Announces National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy
- Proposed rule; request for comments: Framework Adjustment 52 to the Northeast Multispecies Fishery Management Plan proposes two modifications to the windowpane flounder accountability measures.
- Proposed Squid, Mackerel and Butterfish Specifications for 2015-2017
- Media Availability: Proposed Management Measures for Cod and Haddock 2014
- NOAA Joins Celebration at Tingue Dam in Connecticut
- Media Availability October 29 at 1PM on Fisheries of the U.S. Report
- Reminder of Federal Monkfish Permit Holder Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Funding Availability through Saltonstall Kennedy Grant Program
- Missed Tweet Chat on First Federally Permitted Mussel Farm in U.S. East Coast Waters? Not a problem click here to see what you missed
- Join us for Chat on Twitter with NOAA Scientist David Alves
- Federal Funds Available to Support River Herring Research and Conservation Efforts
- Restoration plan available for resources impacted due to 2003 oil spill in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- 2015 Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Specifications
- Effective 0001 hours on September 23, 2014 Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Area 3 Directed Fishery Closure -- Herring catch limited to 2,000 lb per trip or day
- Effective September 22, 2014 Federally moratorium permitted vessels may no longer land summer flounder in Massachusetts
- Reminder about Atlantic Sea Scallop Compensation Trip Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries to Host EFP Workshop
- NOAA seeks comment on proposed tilefish specifications for 2015-2017
- NOAA’s Fisheries Service Announces $4.7 million in Funding to States and Tribes to Support Threatened and Endangered Species Recovery
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch