How Do I?
- Apply for a permit
- Download forms
- Get information on fishing regulations
- Comment on proposed regulations
- Find the latest fishery bulletins
- Find information on whales, dolphins & seals
- Find information on sea turtles
- Report a stranded animal
- Find information on endangered species
- Find information on essential fish habitat
- Get a job with GARFO
- Get more information
NOAA Expert Talks Turtles
This was a record year for cold-stunned sea turtles. Join us for a podcast with Kate Sampson our turtle expert. Read More . . .
Fish Use Rocky Habitats to Hide and Seek
Marine rocky habitats provide Essential Fish Habitat for many fish species – places where fish can feed, breed and grow. They are among the most structurally complex habitats in the ocean. Read More . . .
GARFO'S TOP 10
These stories were the most viewed on our Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office website this year. If you missed them now is your chance to catch up! Happy Holidays from all of us at NOAA Fisheries Read More . . .
2014: A Banner Year for Whale SENSE
As the New Year draws near, we often reflect on our past year accomplishments. In this story, we look back at the 2014 whale watch season, sharing some of the high points. Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Strategic Plan
NOAA Fisheries Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office announces strategic plan for FY 2015 - 2019 Read More . . .
Greater Atlantic Region Highlights
- NOAA Fisheries, MA Division of Marine Fisheries and Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to host meeting on American Lobster Trap Transfer Program
- Comments Sought on Proposed National Standard Guidelines
- Research Projects Selected to Help Us Learn More about River Herring
- NOAA Fisheries Approves Framework 52 to the Groundfish Plan
- Effective May 1, New American Lobster Management Measures for Areas 2,3,4 and 5
- U.S. Department of Commerce appoints Pappalardo to New England Fishery Management Council
- 2015 Quota Adjustment for Summer Flounder, Scup and Black Sea Bass Fisheries
- Changes to Black Seabass Recreational Fishery Season Proposed
- New Vessel Trip Reporting Requirements
- Corrections to Gulf of Maine Cod Emergency Action Rule
- Changes to Whale Management Plan in 2015
- Whelk/Conch and Atlantic Sea Scallop Fisheries - Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Closure Lifted; Effective Date: January 1, 2015
- River Herring Catch Caps Announced for 2014 and 2015
- Groundfish Permit Holders in NJ, VA and NC to Receive Direct Aid Payment
- Final management measures for Bluefin Tuna (AM 7)
- NOAA Fisheries Announces New Jersey Summer Flounder Fishery Closure - Effective Date: 0001 hours on November 29, 2014
- Join us for Tweet Chat on Cold-Stunned Sea Turtles
- NOAA Fisheries Announces National Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Policy
- Proposed rule; request for comments: Framework Adjustment 52 to the Northeast Multispecies Fishery Management Plan proposes two modifications to the windowpane flounder accountability measures.
- Proposed Squid, Mackerel and Butterfish Specifications for 2015-2017
- Media Availability: Proposed Management Measures for Cod and Haddock 2014
- NOAA Joins Celebration at Tingue Dam in Connecticut
- Media Availability October 29 at 1PM on Fisheries of the U.S. Report
- Reminder of Federal Monkfish Permit Holder Requirements
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Funding Availability through Saltonstall Kennedy Grant Program
- Missed Tweet Chat on First Federally Permitted Mussel Farm in U.S. East Coast Waters? Not a problem click here to see what you missed
- Join us for Chat on Twitter with NOAA Scientist David Alves
- Federal Funds Available to Support River Herring Research and Conservation Efforts
- Restoration plan available for resources impacted due to 2003 oil spill in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Get the facts. Learn how NOAA ensures safe, healthy, and sustainable seafood.FishWatch