Instructions for Submitting Public Comments
To submit a public comment to a rule that NOAA Fisheries has published in the Federal Register, which has an open public comment period, you have two options:
- Submit comments electronically:
- Go to www.regulations.gov.
- Search for the identifying number in the Federal Register notice (in a format such as NOAA-NMFS-YEAR-####) or for a key word.
- Once you find the rule you would like to comment on click the Comment Now! icon on the right.
- Fill out the web form or upload your letter and submit.
- Submit comments by mail by addressing your letter to the address found in the Federal Register notice. Remember to note attention to a person or subject as specified in the Federal Register notice.
We also solicit comments for proposed Exempted Fishing Permits (EFPs). To submit a public comment on an EFP, please email us at NMFS.GAR.EFP@noaa.gov and include the title of the research project in the subject line of the email.
You can find Federal Register notices for the Greater Atlantic Region below or for specific species on the relevant Managed Species page on our website under the Announcements tab. You can also find Federal Register notices at FederalRegister.gov, the U.S. Government Printing Office, or at Regulations.gov.
2015 Federal Register Actions
- Notice; Request For Comments; Draft 2014 Marine Mammal Stock Assessment Reports
- Proposed Rule; Request For Comments; Fisheries of the Northeastern United States; Standardized Bycatch Reporting Methodology Omnibus Amendment
- Temporary Rule; Inseason Trip Limit Adjustment; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Trip Limit Adjustment for the Common Pool Fishery
- Proposed Revisions to National Standard Guidelines
- American Lobster Fishery; Final Rule; Measures developed by the ASMFC in Addenda XVII and XVIII to Amendment 3 to the Interstate FMP for American Lobster
- Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Framework Adjustment 52; Final Rule
- Temporary Rule; Quota Transfer; Summer Flounder Fishery; NC Quota Transfer to VA and NJ
- Temporary Rule, Correcting Amendment; Northeast Groundfish Fishery; Fishing Year 2014; Interim Gulf of Maine Cod Management Measures; Correction
- Atlantic Herring Fishery; Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement; Amendment 8 Scoping Process; Request for Comments
- Proposed Rule; Request for Comments; Endangered and Threatened Species; Critical Habitat for Endangered North Atlantic Right Whale
- Notice; Request for Comment; Application for Fishing Year 2014 Sector Exemption; Gulf of Maine Cod Interim Management Measures
- Notice; Northeast Multispecies Fishery; Approved Monitoring Service Providers
- Temporary Final Rule; Atlantic Herring Fishery; Adjustments to 2015 Annual Catch Limits
- Notification Of U.S. Fishing Opportunities; Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization (NAFO) Regulatory Area
Click Below for Past Federal Register Actions & Public Comments:
"This information is provided by the NMFS Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office for the use and convenience of interested persons. The information available on this site may change over time. Official sources of information, such as the Federal Register, control in the event of any discrepancy appearing on NMFS Home Pages."