GARFO News Room
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Closure of the Northern Gulf of Maine Scallop Management Area
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Framework Adjustment 28 to the Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery Management Plan
- Correction: Gulf of Maine Cod Limit Increase for Small Vessels in Common Pool
- Northeast Multispecies Common Pool Vessels Possession and Trip Limit Increase for GOM Cod and Haddock
- 17 Projects Recommended for 2017-2018 Sea Scallop Research Set-Aside Program Funding
- NOAA Announces Increases in Common Pool Gulf of Maine Cod and Haddock Possession and Trip Limits
- NOAA Fisheries Announces At-Sea Monitoring 2017 Coverage Levels for Groundfish Sector Fishery
- Groundfish Days-at-Sea Leasing Deadline Extended to March 31
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Transfer of Yellowtail Flounder Quota from Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery to Groundfish Fishery
- 2017 Bluefish Sector Quota Transfer Adjustment Notice
- Inseason Action for Skate Wing and Skate Bait Fishery
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Extension of Voluntary Speed Restriction Zone Around Martha's Vineyard
- Greater Atlantic Region Joins Facebook
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Voluntary Speed Restriction Zone Around Martha's Vineyard
- Notice of Intent to Prepare EIS for Proposed Groundfish Amendment 23
- NOAA Fisheries Announces 2017-2019 Atlantic Deep-Sea Red Crab Quotas
- Atlantic Scallop Fishermen: Default Measures in Effect March 1
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Fishing Opportunities in the NAFO Regulatory Area
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Increased Marine Mammal Stranding Response Capacity on Long Island, NY
- NOAA's Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary Seeks New Members of the Advisory Council
- Moriches Bay Humpback Whale Community Meeting Agenda
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Reduced Trip Possession Limits for Skate Wings and Bait Fisheries
- NOAA Fisheries Proposes Measures for 2017 Atlantic Sea Scallop Fishery
- Save the Date: Community Meeting on Moriches Bay Whale Response Set for February 7
- Update on Stranded Dead Minke Whale Near Flushing Bay, New York
- NOAA Fisheries Announces Common Pool Area Closure and Possession Prohibition for Georges Bank Cod
- Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument FAQs
- Funding Available for Innovative Bycatch Solutions
- How Fishermen, Seafood Dealers, and the Public Can Get News from NOAA Fisheries' Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office
- NOAA Fisheries Proposes to List Oceanic Whitetip Shark as Threatened
[2016 Archives] [2015 Archives] [2014 Archives][2014 Archives] [2013 Archives] [2012 Archives] [2012 - 2004 Archives]
- How Removing Dams Changes River Channels - When dams are removed, what happens to the sediments stored behind them? How are the river channels upstream and downstream affected? Find out what NOAA Researchers found.
- New Videos Showcase Restoration in the Great Lakes - NOAA works with the Great Lakes Commission to restore the Muskegon Lake and St. Marys River Areas of Concern - two Great Lakes "toxic hotspots."
- Endangered Sea Turtles Return Home - For one sea turtle injured by a fisherman’s hook and 25 cold-stunned (hypothermic) sea turtles that washed up on beaches from Massachusetts to Virginia, February 27 was a landmark day: They were ready to go home!
- Hannah Goodale: A Career in Fisheries - March 1: We celebrate Women’s History Month sharing this story about one of the Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO) woman leaders.
- New Marine Mammal Stranding Plan for NY - Feb 28: A new marine mammal stranding response plan for New York includes new partner organization, Atlantic Marine Conservation Society, which will work together with Riverhead Foundation to increase response capacity on Long Island.
- Going with the Flow: Power and Passage - Sea-run fish face some daunting challenges as they migrate, including hydropower dams. How do we ensure there's enough water in the river for migrating fish?
- Thorny Skate Not Threatened or Endangered - NOAA Fisheries determined that although thorny skate abundance is low compared to historical levels, declines have halted and it remains abundant in the Northwest Atlantic. Read the decision.
- Who Coordinates the Sea Turtle Stranding Network? - Kate Sampson manages the Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Network in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions, helping save many endangered sea turtles each year.
[2016 Archives] [2015 Archives] [2014 Archives] [2013 Archives] [2012 Archives]
Greater Atlantic Regional Office
Northeast Fisheries Science Center